What is the essence of your business?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I have been drenching my brain lately with marketing and branding information, drilling further into what I do, why I do it, and how I can communicate my message to the world.   Specifically, I've been exploring this:  What is the essence of your business?  What are you REALLY selling?

I want to ask everyone I know because it can really clarify what is at the core of your business, and I think it's an interesting challenge.  For example, let's say you're a fine arts painter.  You make paintings and sell them in galleries and art shows.  But are you really just selling paint on canvas?  Or are you selling the coolness of YOU?  Or are you selling home decor?  Do you sell "beauty"?  What is it that people receive from you when they make a purchase?  Why would they tell their friends if they had just one minute to share their experience of your business?

It's worth exploring if you are serious about your brand, because there are opportunities in the answers!  Maybe your business of "selling paintings" actually lifts people's spirits so much that your happy colorful work is purchased as "Get Well" gifts.  Maybe your paintings are actually messages for controversy that inspire social sharing and deeper communication...you could start a movement!  The best part of all of this is that you can really connect and engage with your clients in a meaningful way.  Everybody wins!

What is the essence of YOUR business?

0 comments:

Post a Comment