NEW CUSTOM WORK

Tuesday, April 17, 2012
My family has always been very photo-centric.  My Dad seemed to be constantly pointing a camera in our faces as kids, much to our annoyance.   Now I'm so glad he captured all those fleeting moments on film.  I can appreciate the memories that photographs contain.  When he gave me my first Minolta camera in high school, I was hooked.  I never leave home without my camera.

I just shipped out a custom encaustic order and can't wait for my next commission. It's fun helping my clients with special photo gifts, knowing that they will have pleasure sharing these new encaustic pieces with their family and friends. 

This is the original the client sent me.
Nice shot of the guys, but that parking lot was really distracting.
 


The client and I decided that I should digitally remove the car and replace it with flower bushes.  We also decided to do two versions, one with enhanced full color and another in sepia tone.  I love working on images like these!
 

The finished pieces are all 8" x 10" x 1.5", on cradled wood frames, treated with encaustic wax. I also offer these in a square 8" x 8" format.  These pieces are ready to hang, but also stand up by themselves for display on a shelf.  Great gift for weddings, engagements, anniversaries, births, graduations...you name it.

Send me your pictures and let me work some magic!



0 comments:

Post a Comment